'M@T@MAYA'

My photo
"Many a night I saw the Pleiades, Rising through the mellow shade." - Tennyson

Friday 14 February 2014

158. MY BLUE VALENTINE'S DAY

(Credits and appreciation to the owner of this picture)

Today's got to be the bluest day for me
A day when lovers exchange their promises and love
Of red roses, chocolates, cupcakes and candy
Of requests for blessings from God above

Where ever I go RED colors the walls and places
Roses blooms line the five-foot way
Beauties in red stiletto heels and dresses
But for me it's just BLUE and dismay

Have I become a face of a mere stranger?
Have I become an object of yesterday?
Have I become a thing of history?
This cold, sad and blue Valentine's Day!

This Valentine Day is a time of reckoning
I learned the pain of being unappreciated
The humiliation of being forgotten
And of presence no longer wanted

With today's Blue Valentine Day I vow
To no longer wait or expect from another
To no longer be taken for granted
For there's no such thing as 'forever'

Have a BLUE Valentine's Day!

- © M@t@Maya, 14 February 2014

No comments: