'M@T@MAYA'

My photo
"Many a night I saw the Pleiades, Rising through the mellow shade." - Tennyson

Sunday 10 June 2012

107. REPENTANCE


Here I am, standing at the edge of time
Counting hours till the awaited moment
When my life shall be reviewed for crime
Of mortal weakness and eternal torment

Is it now too late to redeem my soul
To cleanse my body of mortal sins
To get back my life and a heart of gold
And be the Temple of God within?

Here I am , out in the cold wintery night
Wondering if there’s reason to go on
If there’s a way to make things all right
And live a new life, the past be bygone

Would He be willing to forgive my wrong
To forget my arrogance and materialistic ways
Would He help me get up and let me be strong
To charter another journey till the end of my days

Here I am, a mortal wreck trying to rebuild
A better life anew
An ordinary being, trying to mend my ways
And what about you?


- M@t@Maya ( © 29042010)

No comments: