'M@T@MAYA'

My photo
"Many a night I saw the Pleiades, Rising through the mellow shade." - Tennyson

Friday 20 April 2012

56. ANGEL



He calls me his 'Angel'
Where he returns to each tiring day
Where he lays his head and takes a nap
Where he rests his heart, come what may

He calls me his 'Love'
To enshroud upon his tired body
To spread like cream over his skin
To savour and drink like wild honey

He calls me his 'Heart'
That beats non-stop to give him life
That holds his lifeblood like no other
Like a friend, a companion or even a wife

He calls me his 'Sugar'
That flavours his sepia days
Leaving lingering sweetness on his lips
Giving him strength in whatever ways

I thank God for this gift of a man
Who lets me share his world of care
Who loves me purely for who I am
And who promises me he'll always be there


- M@t@Maya (© 22-05-2009)

No comments: