'M@T@MAYA'

My photo
"Many a night I saw the Pleiades, Rising through the mellow shade." - Tennyson

Tuesday 17 April 2012

23. THE WORLD OF BROKEN MEN AND WOMEN



As I walked along the beach in my mind once more
Old thoughts and memories came back to haunt me
The familiar heartache felt too painful to bear
The sense of hopelessness bore down on my knees
I hate this familiar world in which I once lived
When my heart was wrecked in a storm of broken vows
It was a world where the sky mourned in deep violet
And the rippling sea yielded its emerald jealousy
This was a world where I felt the air was thick
With salty tears from broken hearted people
Crying their eyes out till their tears run dry
Where the sandy beach was blushing with anger
At those heartless folks who had wounded people
Like me, who had given up everything we had
For the love of someone we thought would stay by us
Till the days are out numbered by eternity
This was a world of complete silence and loneliness
A world where broken vows and broken dreams replaced
The leaves and the flowers, the fleeting butterflies
A world where the sun sets in the east and two moons
Chased each other across the deep violet skies
This is the world of broken men and broken women
Who had been cheated and mistreated by those
Who came along or just passing by to peddle their
Hearts upon their sleeves.............


- M@t@Maya (© 19-04-2009)

No comments: