'M@T@MAYA'

My photo
"Many a night I saw the Pleiades, Rising through the mellow shade." - Tennyson

Saturday 21 April 2012

63. THE WORLD UPON MY PALM



I almost had the world upon my palm
So close it was I could feel it’s warmth
I could smell it’s fresh sunny showers
Could almost kiss its meadow flowers
It was just another mile to go
Just another trek to follow
It was just one more day to stay
One more stage to act a play
But Arrogance came creeping in
Corrupted my soul with so much sin
Fired my desire for what weren’t mine
Made me question anything divine
For with Arrogance came Greed
Told me to get more than I need
Yet, with everything that I’ve had
Life still feels empty and sad
Because Life doesn’t belong to me
It’s a gift and privilege from The Almighty
How could I even think of having the world
I’m just one arrogant, unthinking greedy girl
One can never ‘almost have’ something
That was HIS from the very beginning……


- M@t@Maya (© 02-12-2011)

No comments: