'M@T@MAYA'

My photo
"Many a night I saw the Pleiades, Rising through the mellow shade." - Tennyson

Saturday 21 April 2012

67. FOOTPRINTS ON MY HEART



That fine day you walked along the beach of my heart
and left your footprints along the lonely shore
I didn't think someone would come away this far
I traced your footsteps to find out if there's more
The footprints now keep becoming closer and closer
like someone there's been staggering along
I wondered what he'd be like, what he was after
Whose footprints were these, to whom do they belong

Against the colors of the setting sun there stood
A figure, a silhouette of a man looking afar
So still, so quiet, so lonely and out of touch
Like his eyes were fixed on the distant stars
Why had he trodden upon my lonely beach
Did he know that with every step he trod
He would leave his footprints forever engraved
deeply on my broken heart, please help me God

No matter how hard the waves'd crash
Upon my lonely beach of gold
His footprints would not be washed
They'll forever stay in my soul
Now he's chosen to leave my lonely shores
and walk away with no care or memories
But does he know that my heart's been touched
when he took a walk along my lonely beach

His footprints will forever stay
on the shores of my saddened heart
they'll be reminders of that day
even when we've grown far apart
Thank you for passing along
the desolate beach of my soul
leaving your footprints in a song
of a silent heart, I gave my all....


- M@t@Maya ( © 15-04-2009)

No comments: