'M@T@MAYA'

My photo
"Many a night I saw the Pleiades, Rising through the mellow shade." - Tennyson

Wednesday 2 May 2012

105. SANDS OF TIME


Today I come to a realization 
that no matter what I do,
it will not change the circumstances 
concerning our relationship.
You keep asking for more, 
not thinking once how I feel.
You tell me that you love me, 
that you need me.
But you only remember me 
and come to me 
only when you need me.
I keep yielding to your whims and fancies, 
and in the process 
I keep hurting myself, 
burdening myself with anger, 
pain and sorrow.

I can no longer allow myself to be used by anyone,
not even by you, whom I have chosen to love.
So, starting today 
I am picking up the pieces of what
will become tomorrow's memories, 
and although they have been
carved, etched, ingrained, imprinted 
on to the 
Epitaph Of My Love
I will bury this stone epitaph deep in my heart,
where no one can touch it, 
and time will help me to forget it's existence.
So, even though I have chosen to love you forever, 
I will forget you when the 
Sands Of Time 
have covered the memories of you,
and buried them forever 
in my past.........

- M@t@Maya (©17-03-2009)

No comments: