'M@T@MAYA'

My photo
"Many a night I saw the Pleiades, Rising through the mellow shade." - Tennyson

Wednesday 18 April 2012

41. REQUIEM FOR LOVE



Taking a walk along the waterfront
Watching the moon glowing in the sky
Bringing a bagful of memories
Of those times you made me cry
I close me eyes and reach out for the winds
Holding my breath as I say my prayer
A requiem for a friendship that has died
For a love that's gone now and forever

In a wink of an eye I'm on the moon's bosom
Swinging gently against the breeze
Throwing away pieces of memories of you
Though reluctant I have to do this
For now I'm stepping into a new world
Over the threshold of love and commitment
To be the woman, no longer a girl
And honour a promise of love to a gentleman

I wish you luck, love and happiness
And hope you'll find a soul mate to marry
Who'll love you the way that I once did
When I had you in my heart, inside of me
I was found by a man who promises to love me
For a thousand reasons that mean everything
And his love for me transcends all boundaries
But well kept within a lovely golden ring

Goodbye My Love, Goodbye to your memory
Even though it hurts to lose myself
That once was you as you were once me
For the time has come for us to be free
If we should meet somewhere sometime
The choice is yours to greet me or not
You may get me completely out of your mind
Or you could remember me from time to time


- M@t@Maya (© 01-07-2009)

No comments: