'M@T@MAYA'

My photo
"Many a night I saw the Pleiades, Rising through the mellow shade." - Tennyson

Thursday 26 April 2012

87. IF I CAN



If I can have the magic wand
I would wave it three times
And make you a pair of wings
So you can fly to me tonight





If I can call out to the Unicorn
I would send him to you
And let you ride upon him
So he can carry you to me

If I can call upon the Wizard
from his lofty kingdom of OZ
I would beg him to chant his magic
And let it lure you to me

If I can convince the Mermaid
Witch under the deep ocean
To use her magic spell and then
Blow unto you her magic potion

But I am a mere human
A mortal with countless flaw
Possessing nothing worthy of pride
Only my boundless love I have for you

So I will never have you for me
Never will I caress your handsome face
It will only be in my dreams that I will see
Where you'll be mine with God's holy grace

- M@t@Maya (© 27-07-2009)

No comments: